Gratitude Network is dedicated to fostering a workplace that embraces the rich tapestry of human experiences and perspectives. We celebrate and value diversity across all spectrums, including but not limited to gender identity, race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic background, neurodiversity, veteran status, language and cultural diversity.
We recognize that each individual’s unique intersectionality adds to the strength of our organization. Our commitment to diversity is paired with a strong dedication to equity and inclusion, ensuring that everyone has equal opportunities to thrive, contribute, and reach their full potential. We firmly believe that this diverse and inclusive environment is the driving force behind our creativity and innovation.
The Gratitude Network strives to be a welcoming community that embraces diversity and works toward social justice for all human beings. Every day, our network stands against racism, prejudice and intolerance. As such, the Gratitude Network explicitly and publicly affirms our identity as an anti-racist organization that actively engages in the practice of identifying, challenging, and changing the values, structures and behaviors that perpetuate systemic racism.
We must actively examine racism, including the historic and ongoing human rights violations against Black people, beyond the actions of individuals, for it is embedded in the very fabric of society.
We know that racism can also be unconscious or unintentional. As an anti-racist organization, Gratitude Network vows to purposefully identify, discuss and challenge incidents of racism, both implicit and explicit, and the impact(s) they have on our organization, its systems and program[s], and our team. We will also learn more about and correct the inequities we discover and gain a better understanding of ourselves during this process.
We are resolved that our anti-racism commitment be actively reflected in the life, culture and impact of the GratitudeNetwork through our policies, programs, and practices as we deepen our understanding and experience of racism and continue to work to eliminate racial injustice.
We commit to taking action and implementing strategies that dismantle racism within all aspects of the Gratitude Network, and this action begins with the steps below:
- Determine how Gratitude Network programs can be adapted to ensure that they are anti-racist and explicitly value all human rights, beginning with our 2021 Fellowship application process which begins in July 2020.
- Commit to Diversity and Inclusion training for our Leadership team to examine and reflect upon our own biases. We will also offer training to our Coaches and Board.
- Actively learn and educate ourselves about anti-racism as a team to ensure we can improve our ability to create a safe space and welcoming environment for all our Fellows and the greater Network.
- Commit to meaningful racial diversity throughout the organization including within the Board of Directors, Team, Coaching Network, Expert Advisor Network, and Fellow Network. This commitment will specifically focus on ensuring representation of Black leaders, Indigenous leaders, and women leaders of color.
- Create an anti-racism Steering Committee within the Network whose purpose is to focus on executing and adapting the action plan and ensuring that Gratitude Network remains proactive in the movement for equality of all marginalized peoples.